We’re told to not set goals in an if-then mindset. Once I weigh this/get this promotion/buy this/ get married, I’ll be happy. For most things, I agree.
But the rules are broken for my recent purchase of a food processor. That DID make my life easier, happier, and I AM making all of the recipes I said “one day” to before. I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it.
These were meant to be peanut butter brownie bites, but I got feedback (from one of the 15 coworkers that devoured these) that the date and PB combo made it taste like a PB&J sandwich. Uncrustables needed a face lift anyway. Welcome to 2018, kiddos.
Most importantly, one coworker, who is looking for me to help him be healthy described them as Bites of Joy, which took the cake in my book. Especially to my skeptical manager’s praise of “much better than I expected.”
Most importantly, here’s how you make them. And just like all the blogs that drove me crazy for years, I can only speak to how to make them with a food processor. You could try out a lot of almond chopping and date crushing, but I can’t make any guarantees.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ~20 medjool dates, or use the full pack from Trader Joe’s like I did and skip the counting
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mix ins: I used cocoa nibs and chia seeds
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Put almonds into food processor, grind until they are finely chopped like an almond meal
- Add mix ins, cocoa powder, peanut butter (disperse this as much as you can) salt and maple syrup
- Pit dates (I just pulled the pits out) and add to mixture. Run until they are finely chopped and blended with all other ingredients.
- Take out and form into balls, and enjoy! Keep in fridge for best results.
One thought on “Energy Balls- Bites of Joy”