We’re a bit preoccupied with credentials. In the past, that’s led me to wonder, who am I to write this piece and post it and share it? What if there’s someone else who knows more? I’m not an expert, I’m not a doctor, I’m not a chef, I’m not- what if people notice? I should be a bit quieter, a bit smaller.
I’m over it.
For every “I am not,” there are a million more “I am’s.” And whatever I am doing, I’ll be the first to say it’s pretty scrappy.
Scrappy is not having any roadmap, but acting with the confidence of already being there. You’ll find this in making a creative outlet out of anything, events that started with one idea that I ran away with, and a high priority of creating a life you love. The rest will fall into place.
About Sarah Reed:
- Scrappy is reclaiming “make it pretty”: As a visual thinker, what I do in marketing can often be belittled to a nice to have. Instead, as a Marketing Specialist at Comcast, I help the Twin Cities Region sales teams succeed by making our communications, incentives, and trainings fun. Good vibes only may one day be on my business cards.
- Scrappy is signing up for a 200 hour yoga teacher training at 17 with zero hesitation- A health and fitness enthusiast, I have been a certified yoga instructor since spring 2011. Yoga is one of my greatest passions and pleasures in life, and teaching allows me to share that with others. I teach Yoga Sculpt, CoreCardio Circuit, C1, and C2 at CorePower Yoga downtown and in Northeast. Calling all early birds, look for Sarah Re on the schedules. Scroll to the bottom of this page for information on private classes/corporate sessions.
- Scrappy is saying “yes” to the communities you love, without asking any realistic questions: As a college student at the University of Minnesota, my time was made unforgettable by my Alpha Gamma Delta family. When asked to serve the chapter as the Philanthropy Advisor, I jumped at the opportunity. During my time as advisor, the fraternity has adopted a new philanthropy, and now, a new structure that has elevated the opportunities for philanthropic and community service involvement. This is what we call a best case scenario.
- Scrappy is hanging out with dogs at 6 a.m., because you find room in your schedule for the things you love- I’m an over enthusiastic owner of a Pointer Spaniel, Maya. This gem was adopted from Secondhand Hounds, a foster based rescue that I volunteer for whenever possible. This is spent walking dogs, trying to figure out if cats like me, and taking many snapchats. It makes my heart full.
- Scrappy is actively disregarding recipes, and all the recipes I give you being just my best guess– After studying abroad in Rome for a semester, I fell in love with cooking real food and I continue to be inspired with ways to make healthy eating attainable and delicious. My goal is always to make food that tastes good, not that taste good for being vegetarian/paleo/etc. Let me know what you try!
For the most frequent updates and mini posts, follow me on the blog’s instagram- Scrappy_Yogi
Private/Corporate Class Experience:
I specialize in private classes for athletes and all levels classes for corporate teams/events
- UMN Gophers Basketball Team for cross-training
- Thrivent Financial for national conference
- High school teams: boy’s hockey, and girl’s swim, cross country, and dance
- Comcast- Healthy Week
- Donation-based classes for nonprofits
- Periscope, Minneapolis Ad Agency
- LPM, Luxury apartment building in Loring Park- weekly classes in Gym
- Code42, technology company in Minneapolis
What’s next? Let’s get in touch!